On 6-14-14, our journey took us to Sewickley United Methodist Church, right in the heart of Sewickley, PA. This church has been a favorite for many years. Always very kind to our brides & grooms and families. Always willing to host a wedding for non-members.
Sewickley Methodist was built in 1885. The large pipe organ was installed in 1909 & was made possible through a donation by Andrew Carnegie.
The church was last renovated in the 1980’s, and just renovated again in 2013. The rededication of the refurbished church took place in April 2014, on Easter Sunday.
Pictured below are photos of the “old” church (left) and the “newly renovated” church (right).
This renovation restored the original architecture of the church. eliminated barriers to entering the church, provided increased space in the chancel area for the organ, keyboards, piano, bell choir, vocal choirs, and praise band; and provided air conditioning in the sanctuary!
We were pleased to view first hand the result of the renovations, as we provided florals and assisted Pastor Russel Shuluga with the first wedding ceremony in the newly renovated church. We look forward to returning many more times.
For more information about Sewickley United Methodist Church, please visit www.sewickleyumc.org